Place and Date οf Birth: Odysseas Konstantinopoulos was born in 1975 in the village of Mygdalia, Arcadia (region of Peloponnese).
Marital Status: He is married to the doctor Mrs Vassiliki Dimitraka and they have three children.
Profession: Doctor, Radiologist
Studies: He has studied at University of Medicine “Carol Davila” in Bucharest, Romania. He has a Master’s Degree in Health Organizations Management and a PhD at the Medicine School of Athens.
Foreign Languages: English, Romanian
• At the general elections of October 2009, he was elected Deputy of Arcadia with PASOK.
• At the general elections of May and June 2012, he was re-elected Deputy of Arcadia with PASOK.
• At the general elections of January 2015, he was re-elected Deputy of Arcadia with PASOK.
• At the general elections of September 2015, he was re-elected Deputy of Arcadia with the Democratic Coalition (PASOK-DIMAR).
• He has been a member of the following Committees of the Hellenic Parliament:
• 2009 – 2012: Committee of Social Affairs, Committee of National Defence and External Affairs
• 2012 – 2014: Committee of Economic Affairs, Committee of Public Administration and Justice
• 2015 until today: Committee of Production and Trade, Committee of National Defence and External Affairs. Responsible for Growth policies of the Parliamentary Group of the Democratic Coalition (PASOK – DIMAR).
From June 2014 to January 2015, he was Deputy Minister of Development and Competitiveness, responsible for Partnership Agreement Programmes, as well as Industry.
• He was first drawn to politics as a young pupil in the early 1990s.
• As a student, he was president of the Greek Students’ Union of Romania.
• From 2000 to 2005, he was a member of the Central Committee of PASOK Youth, in charge of the Media and Political Communication.
• From 2002 to 2009, he was a member of the Prefectural Council of Arcadia.
• He has been a member of the Board of the Doctors’ Union of Athens and Piraeus (Ε.Ι.Ν.Α.P.).
• Since March 2008, he is a member of the National Board of PASOK.
• He worked as Special Scientific Assistant of Minister of Health Mr Costas Stefanis (2002 – 2004).
• From 2004 to 2009 he was Scientific Assistant at the National School of Public Health (Department of Health Economics).
• From October 2004 to October 2009, he worked as specialized doctor at the department of Interventional Radiology in the hospital “Sotiria”.
• He was a member of the Organizational Committee of the 5th Panhellenic Congress for Administration, Economics and Policy of Health.
• From the beginning of his medical specification until today, he has presented a number of papers in congresses, and in scientific magazines such as “European Journal of Radiology”.